When you own a home basic cleaning is part of the maintenance process. Sometimes basic cleaning is not enough you need something a little more intense to clean things like your siding, deck or driveway. That’s where a pressure washer comes in, it can give the exterior of your home a whole new look and you can remove stubborn stains from pressure washing. High pressure washing is used in a bunch of different applications including commercial and industrial clean, but for now let’s talk about how it can restore your home.
How does it Work?
It’s pretty simple actually, a high pressure hose is used to remove surface stains, dirt and impurities from your home. The surface of your deck or siding can look brand new again after they are cleaned with a high pressure hose. Here is a look at how it can clean the siding on your home.
Why Choose High Pressure Washing
High pressure washing is hands down the best choice to remove oil stains from the driveway or everyday pollution and dirt from your siding. But there are some things you need to know about before you run out and rent a pressure washer. You need to look first at its PSI value or the pounds per square inch. Commercial Pressure Washing is also dangerous and you can cause damage to your home if you aren’t careful. On that note, here are some safety tips before you get started.
- Use the right pressure washer for the job at hand, for example a cleaning a concrete driveway needs more pressure than cleaning your siding
- Use the right chemicals to clean or you are wasting your time. Cleaning grease is different far different than cleaning the dust off your windows, the right solution will make all the difference in the world.
- Use the right nozzle for the job, you don’t want the pressure to be more than necessary.
- Prepare the area by moving all the furniture out of the way, make sure that everything is connected properly and you have an adequate water supply to get the job done.
- Hold the pressure washer firmly while cleaning the force of the water can make the hose a little hard to control.
- Wear the right safety gear while you’re cleaning. The chemicals along with the high pressure spray can injure your skin if you’re not careful. Always wear safety glasses to protect your eye from the debris along with non-skid shoes to avoid accidents.
While you can do your own pressure washing, often times it is easier to get a pressure washing company to come in and take care of everything for you. They have all of the equipment including the right detergents for the job. Hiring someone will make your life that much easier.